With over 60 years of experience representing commercial insureds across a wide range of industries on virtually every type of coverage issue, our attorneys provide policyholders knowledgeable and straightforward legal advice.
- Obtained defense-cost reimbursement–after the insurer denied any liability–for one of the country’s largest school districts without having to resort to litigation
- Represented insured in arbitration, which resolved after the first day, involving insured’s claim for significant business-interruption losses.
- Achieved substantial insurance recovery in mediated settlement of professional-liability claim for private university after carrier denied liability
- Settled lawsuit through early mediation for a fire loss under a commercial property policy, including elements of equipment repair, temporary operating expenses and business interruption losses
- After prevailing on appeal of a threshold related-claims coverage issue, successfully settled an E&P client’s securities-claim litigation
- Coverage counsel to a Fortune 100 company in one of the largest insurer-funded shareholder-derivative lawsuits to date
- Prevailed on summary judgment for oilfield service company on the legal meaning of “loss of hole” in a commercial general liability policy
- Settled large, complex defective-construction claim with primary and excess insurers under Owner Controlled Insurance Policy for international hotel and casino chain
- Represented public company in seeking coverage for reimbursement of a settlement for securities claims under directors’ and officers’ policy.
- Counseled Fortune 100 company in one of the largest insurer-funded derivative claim settlements to date.
- Represented Fortune 500 energy company in fidelity insurance claim resulting from computer-based theft.
First Party and Oil & Gas Claims
- Counseled commercial policyholders through business interruption and contingent business interruption claims arising from property damage and orders of civil authority.
- Litigated claims for well bore damage through Underground Resources endorsement.
- Assisted in-house risk management with the settlement of an international boiler & machinery claim involving complex issues of causation.
- Represented international industrial services company in pollution liability coverage litigation.
- Resolved property damage and business interruption claims arising out of radioactive contamination.
- Litigated Control of Well, Making Wells Safe, and Debris Removal claims for hurricane-damaged offshore properties.
THIRD PARTY CLAIMS
- Resolved insureds’ claim involving complex coverage issues arising from multiple deaths at an assisted living facility.
- Coordinated coverage between multiple parties and insurers with conflicting indemnity language in Master Services Agreements.
- Identified historical policies for client faced with long-tail personal injury claims and worked with brokers to maintain consistency in handling claims.
- Litigated coverage issues between a major oil field services company and several excess insurers arising out of an adverse judgment; issues included concurrent causation and underground resources exclusions.
- Counseled oilfield services company on right of reimbursement from insurer for defense costs, penalties and court costs taxed against insured.
With a combined 60 years of experience representing commercial insureds across a wide range of industries on virtually every type of coverage issue, our attorneys provide knowledgeable and straightforward legal advice.