AMY CATHERINE DINN
The University of Texas School of Law, 2000, J.D.
University of Texas, B.A. in Liberal Arts, Plan II Honors Program, 1997, with high honors
LICENSURE AND BAR ADMISSIONS
State Bar of Texas, admitted to Texas state courts since 2000
Admitted to United States District Court, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Admitted to United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
Amy Catherine Dinn
Direct: 713.489.4299 Email: email@example.com
Amy Dinn wants to litigate cases that matter to you.
Over the last 15 years, Amy has handled a variety of litigation in both state and federal courts, but a common denominator in her practice is that her matters involve a contract or a disagreement over a contract. Whether you are involved in a dispute with the contractor who was repairing your house or disagree over the terms of a complicated business agreement, she can assist you in getting the benefit of your bargain. Focusing her efforts on bringing justice to individuals and business owners, Amy knows that the agreement you made meant something to you or your company and that you care about resolving the dispute to your satisfaction.
Amy has litigated:
- Quarrels among partners or business owners.
- Healthcare disputes involving disagreements with hospitals, amongst physician practices, and billing issues Construction, fabrication, and installation agreements – be it residential construction, commercial or marine projects.
- Breach of fiduciary duty allegations against trustees, general partners, accountants, and other types of fiduciaries.
- Theft of your property, including trade secrets, intellectual property, personal property, and fraudulent transfers.
- Bankruptcy court matters, including proofs of claim, objections to discharge, and preference actions.
- Claims asserting defective products and violation of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- General employment matters, commission contracts, separation agreements, and protection of confidential information.
- Issues arising out of manufacturing, franchise and distribution agreements, including breach of contract and funding agreements.
- Real estate issues, such as disagreements arising from the purchase or sale of real property or leasing agreements.
- Fraudulent misrepresentations in contractual agreements.
- Claims alleging mismanagement of investments and improper distribution of returns.
- Dissolution and windup disagreements between business owners.
- Professional malpractice disputes with attorneys and accountants.
- Interpretation and enforcement of deed restrictions impacting commercial and residential subdivisions.
- Infringement with trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
- Disputes with vendors.
- Collection actions against customers.
Super Lawyers Rising Star, a service of Thomson Reuters, 2008, 2014-2015
Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine, 2015
Houston’s Top Professionals on the Fast Track, H Texas Magazine, 2008-2012
YWCA Outstanding Woman in Athletics, 2006
Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, Skater of the Month, July 2010
Texas Super Lawyers is a service of Thomson Reuters
PRESENTATIONS & PAPERS
A Debtor’s Duty to Update the Court, South Tex. Law Review, Vol. 55, No. 4, Summer 2014.
C-C-C-C-Changes: A Debtor’s Continuing Duty to Disclose, South Texas College of Law, 20th Annual Ethics Symposium, October 25, 2013, Houston, Texas.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Volunteer (2000-present), Board Member (2010-2013)
Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, President (2013), Director (2010-2012)
HBA, Lawyers against Waste Committee (2005-2016), Co-Chair (2006-2007, 2011-2012, 2015-2016)
HBA, Habitat for Humanity Committee (2009-2011)
Idylwood Civic Club, President (2014-2016) and Board Member (2012-present)
ArtX Nonprofits, Inc., Board Member (2012-present) and Secretary (2013-present)
Houston Roller Derby, Founder and Board Member (2005-2013), CAO (2010-2013)
Houston Greeters, Board Member and Secretary (2004-2012)
Bobbindoctrin Project, Board Member (2006-2010)
Justice for Children, Board Member and Volunteer Attorney (2002-2004)